- Have the Talk
- Driving is a serious responsibility. Discuss what it means to be a safe driver with your teen and set ground rules for when they're behind the wheel. If your teen is on the road, they should stay off the phone.
- Make a Family Pledge
- Print out the pledge form and have every member of your family commit to distraction-free driving. Set a positive example for your kids by putting your cell phone in the glove compartment every time you drive.
- Know the Laws in Your State
- Many states have Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) laws that include cell phone and texting bans for young drivers. Remind your teen driver that there could be serious consequences for violating these laws - including a delayed or suspended license.
PSAs & Videos
Impact Tyler Story (:30)
Liz Marks (:30)
For more short clips on distracted driving to share with others, please visit our YouTube channel.
- Pledge Form Download the pledge form Word document.
- Parent-teen Driving Contract Download parent-teen driving contract Word document.
- Distracted Driving Flyer Download distracted driving flyer PDF for parents.
Social Media Posts
Some of these materials are available in Spanish to support your outreach, education, and awareness efforts. Click here to see the Spanish versions.